At Primitives, we are working to build the easiest, most joyful way to create and share NFTs. We believe NFTs will be ubiquitous mediums for expression and connection, not just for crypto-natives, but for everyone.
We’re working towards a future where Primitives can be the hub for the entire NFT experience, from creation to minting, remixing, and sharing. As part of this, we’re building a social network based on shared assets across crypto wallets, creating new ways to facilitate connections and online experiences. We’re excited to be building on Solana.
Primitives is currently a team of 11 full-time employees. We are a backed by investors including Redpoint Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Harlem Capital, and Stellation Capital. To learn more about our mission, check out primitives.xyz and our most recent TechCrunch feature.
We are looking to grow our team of talented software engineers (currently four individuals full-time) to build the next generation of NFT creation & connection. We are scaling our product and community rapidly – you will serve as a pillar for this growth by helping to shape our technical architecture, ship new features, and enhance our core platform.
Are you able to investigate, own and architect solutions to large product challenges? Do you thrive as a self-motivated person who takes on tasks and figures out all that is needed to get them done? Are you passionate about the future of NFTs, wallets, and social connection? Do you get fired up about building future of the internet for new and experienced crypto users alike? If that sounds like you, we’d love to chat :)
- Freedom to be yourself - At Primitives we value creating a space where team members feel welcome to show up to work as their full selves. Our culture values inclusivity, accessibility, passion and creativity. Primitives upholds an environment of friendly and diligent go-getters. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards harassment or any hostile behavior.
- Culture of autonomy & entrepreneurship - We trust that you can be entrepreneurial, self-driven and ambitious with the freedom to execute independently.
- Supportive, collaborative environment - We want you to feel best supported in your role and as part of the team. At Primitives, we believe that we are stronger working together as a team than operating alone.
- Remote-first – Our team is distributed and maintains a remote-first culture. You will have the freedom to work from anywhere though our team operates on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- We’ll invest in your growth – We want our employees to be masters in their field but to always be striving to learn, improve on their skills, expand their knowledge, and bring that growth to the company. We care a lot about creating growth opportunities and supporting professional development for all team members.
- Architect, build, iterate, and ship high-quality code
- Work closely with our product and design teams to implement new features and products
- Develop and implement technical architecture and systems
- 6-8 years software engineering experience
- Understanding of the following technical stack (ranked in order of importance):
- NodeJs (we are built on ExpressJS)
- TypeORM or Prisma
A note: We are dedicated to building a diverse team of varied backgrounds and lived experiences at Primitives. Even if you do not check all the criteria above, we would welcome your application.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-first work environment & WFH technology stipend
If this resonates and you’d be interested to explore working at Primitives, we’d love to chat!
Please send a link to your LinkedIn profile and a copy of your resume to Marcus (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Primitives SWE Role.” We will get back to you if we think there is a potential fit!
Primitives is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, inclusion, and equity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.